Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas Vacation

We had such a crazy, eventful Christmas vacation this year that this is the only picture I took during the entire trip. Not much of our trip went as planned due to a birth, illness, and bad weather. We still had a great time, and enjoyed doing many things with our famillies, like watching movies, playing volleyball, eating good food, and shopping. We are always so grateful to be able to spend time with our families during the Christmas season. We are also grateful that we get along very well with each other's families.

Madeline did better than I expected during our travels. The plane rides were not aweful. She did ok during our many hours in the car. I do think she would be happy if she never saw a carseat again, though. By the end of our stay she had warmed up well to Scott's parents, and pretty well to mine. She loved my parent's dog the most, but that relationship was not reciprocal.

Before I was married I always found it extremely difficult to return to wherever I was living at the time after visiting my family for Christmas. I always felt like "home" was with my family. Now I feel like "home" is wherever my husband and daughter are, and it's not as difficult to leave my parents and siblings. I miss them and hope to be able to live closer to them someday, but as long as I'm with Scott and Madeline, I am happy.

1 comments:

The Serr Team said...

Madeline is getting so big! SAD!! I'm so glad you had a good time...she looks so cute in her little red dress! Glad you're home safe!