Friday, July 13, 2012

Light

This little house we are living in was dark.  Really, really dark.  We love pretty much everything about it except for it's darkness.  The builders painted the walls with flat tan paint, the doors and trim are chocolate brown, the cabinetry is cherry, and the kitchen floor is dark brown.  The walls we knew we could change pretty easily, and it's been in the plans since it was purchased.  We decided to paint the ceiling white and the walls a cream color with the same tones as the tan, because it really was a pretty color.

Last weekend the dead was done.  It was a pretty big job.  My parents came to head up the whole project.  

We are so, so happy with the results.  When I woke up the next morning I told Scott it felt like how I feel when winter lets up and the airy lightness and freedom of spring and summer begins.  Everything just feels lighter.  Well, it IS lighter, but you know what I mean?

Now I'm itching to do the rest of the house.

BEFORE:

DURING:

AFTER:

0 comments: