We had kindergarten graduation a couple of weeks ago. Why they can't just have a kindergarten presentation instead of 'graduation', I don't know. Silly. But cute. We had to have a little talk afterwards when she was sad that I didn't bring her flowers or a huge bunch of balloons like some of the other parents. I assured her that I will bring nice gifts when she graduates from high school and college, milestones that take a little more work.
Kindergarten was so good to Madeline. She had a really great year. She made her first best friend - a sweet little girl that she also goes to church with. She's grown and matured so much this year. Her teacher assured me that she was a delight to have in class, after I said "really?" She often had multiple children give her goodbye hugs when I would pick her up from school each day. She really loved everything about school. She wasn't bored at all - just glad to be there with all of the other kids. She loved having homework. And the biggest milestone of all was that she decided she wanted to read. She really hadn't wanted to read with me at home, she would much rather be read to. She told me she thought I wouldn't read to her anymore if she learned how to do it herself. I assured her that wasn't the case, but didn't push her to read at all. I think she loved the confidence kindergarten gave to her. Now she's reading Junie B Jones: First Grader all by herself. I'm so proud of her!
On to first grade!

0 comments:
Post a Comment