I got the recipe for this week's chili from one of the best cooks I know - my mother-in-law, Karen Serr. Her food is absolutely wonderful, and we look forward to it every time we visit. It's down home country cookin' at it's best. She made this chili for us last winter. It's thick, chunky, rich, and creamy. It's not for the calorie conscious, but everything in moderation, right?
White Chili
3 boneless chicken breasts (I actually used thighs) cooked and shredded or chopped
28 oz. chicken stock
4 cans white beans (I cooked up my own great northern beans ahead of time - cheaper)
1 pint whipping cream (half and half is ok, too)
12 oz. shredded monterey jack cheese
1 large onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 can green chiles
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp cloves, crushed
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
In medium pan, heat oil and saute onion until tender. Add garlic, chiles, cayenne, oregano, cloves, and cumin. Saute 2-3 minutes. Add onion mixture, chicken, cheese, and remaining ingredients to crock pot and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or low for longer.
Try it!
1 comments:
MMMM...that does sound good. Might have to try that one:)I love chili too.
Post a Comment